VPIphotonics first coined the term Photonic Design Automation (PDA) in 1998 to describe the design methodologies, software tools and services used to engineer complex photonic networks and products. PDA helps optical component and system vendors to manage intellectual property and reduce operating expenses by streamlining processes, from R&D to technical sales and marketing.
Today, VPIphotonics offers a flexible software environment to support requirements in optical component and systems design as well as cost optimization of equipment choices leading to performance reports and bill of materials.
Our customers choose sub-sets of this matrix according to their core business. This choice is in the secure knowledge that interfaces are available to the tools used by their suppliers and customers, third-party software (such as electronic design and passive component design), laboratory equipment, and existing databases.
VPIphotonics brings efficiency gains as it supports a streamlined design process:
- Enable collaborative designs via supply chains
- Stimulate innovation by expanding available resources
- Reduce the need of physical experimentation
- Capture and distribute knowledge of design processes
- Establish and support robust decision-making processes